Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Baby is Two

Dear Dylan,

You are two years old today! When I think of how fragile, and helpless you were then, and how much you have learned in just two short years, it amazes me. But, do you know something, Dylan? You have also been teaching me!

When I hold your tiny hand in mine, I learn the enormity of motherhood, and the responsibility of my role.

When I make you laugh, I learn to not take things too seriously.

When I see you playing with other children, I learn the importance of sharing and being friendly.

When I see you stop to examine a leaf, or to pick a flower, I learn that beauty is all around us, and that sometimes I need to slow down, to appreciate it.

When I listen to you sing, "Jesus Loves Me", I learn that God really is good.

When I hold you in my arms, I learn what is truly important.

Yes, it is hard to believe that two years have passed already, but is also hard for me to remember what my life was like before the floors of my home were covered with children's books, the rooms were filled with the sounds of your infectious laughter, and my heart was filled to overflowing with love for you.

Happy Birthday, my sweet, precious boy!

Love,
Mommy

7 comments:

The Girls' Mommy said...

Happy Birthday, Dylan!!!

Janet said...

Happy Birthday, Dylan! Be good to your Mama and Daddy - they're the best.

Shellie said...

Happy, happy birthday, Dylan! He is a sweetheart! You know, you plan to teach your kids so much, but then they end up teaching you more instead, huh?

Kellan said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet boy - I hope he had the best time!! Two years old is so fun - enjoy him!

Take care - Kellan

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful little boy and Happy Birthing Day to you, Momma! I so enjoyed reading his birth story - strangely similar to Maren's - thank you so much for sharing. I hope you all had a wonderful day and that the next year is just as wonderful as the last two!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Happy birthday little guy! Your mama writes some great stuff about you! Have a great day and week! Yeah! I hope you had a great day, I mean. I know I am a day late here.

JCK said...

Happiest of Birthdays to your sweet Dylan!