Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Before 40: April



You've probably seen these "Hurricane Simulators".  They are in malls, and arcades everywhere you look these days.  I've walked past them numerous times and thought, "I'm too old for that nonsense".

Today I had a rare Tuesday off (I usually work Mondays and Tuesdays), so I took Dylan to an arcade.  We played a bunch of games, we got some plastic crap with our tickets, we shared a pretzel.  But, I just kept looking over at that hurricane thing.  A bunch of kids stuffed themselves in it, and squealed and laughed.  Some teenage girls got in, giggling hysterically.

My inner voice said, "Your hair will be a hot mess if you do that".  But, then I thought, "So?!  Do I want to live my life afraid to get dirty, afraid to make a fool out of myself, afraid to mess up my hair?  Or do I want to have fun and LIVE MY LIFE?"

My inner voice said, "You're too old for that nonsense" again.  This time, though, I told my inner voice to shove it.  My hair (and my trusty side kick's) got completely messed up... and I loved it.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! You are such an inspiration! Love it!!!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I have never seen this before--good for you!

Brooke said...

This is perfect!! Love the expressions!!!