It's been a week since I posted. I'm not sure why? Possibly because I have been... well... exhausted. I went to the doctor's this morning. The poor lady looked like she was writing a short story on my chart. Here are all the gross and completely TMI details to make you feel pretty good about your hot selves...
1. What I thought was a sinus infection is just a cold. A cold that is making me unable to breathe, my throat hurt, and my cough tickle, but still "just a cold". Prescribed: Echinacea and Dayquil/Nyquil
2. Constant gas. (Sexy, no?) Prescribed: Probiotics
3. Horrifyingly ugly big toes. Prescribed: Go see a podiatrist to see if it is just trauma (my kid steps on my toes daily), or an infection. (You're welcome for not posting pictures. Although, Halloween IS coming up soon).
4. Rash(right under my boob) that I thought was eczema and have been treating as such for almost a month because I cannot make the time to go to the doctors - Yeast infection. (Yes, I have been rubbing my boob in public. AND, I work with children). Prescribed: Some kind of cream
5. My fear that I am already in perimenopause because even though I am cold all day, at night I wake up overheated and soaked in sweat (It is amazing I have sex, ever, isn't it?). Prescribed: Blood work to check my thyroid, and while we are at it, my cholesterol level because, oh, why not?
6. She asked if I'm fatigued. I said, "Uh... DUH.. See above". No, actually I said, "Well, my job is exhausting, I have a 3 1/2 year old active little boy, and my husband's blood pressure medicine makes him cough at night and wake me up". Prescribed: Quit job and divorce husband. Just kidding! Tell husband to have doctor switch him to another blood pressure med.
On top of all this, it is October. "So?", you ask. Well, something happens to my kid in October every year. Every year he starts acting like a lunatic in October(one month before his birthday), and I think, "Oh man, 2 is gonna be terrible", or "Oh man, how am I gonna survive 3?". Then, he turns 2, or 3, or 4 (I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE) and he is fine.
So far, he has
A. illustrated the concept "centrifugal force" by spinning a tower of books in Borders until I heard a sound like a spaceship breaking through space, followed by books spraying all over the Borders floor.
B. Colored on our couch in PEN.
C. Threw a ball, which hit a shadowbox, causing it to crash to the ground and break.
D. Put a bunch of my Mini-Match pieces in a bag, BEFORE they were dry.
E. Thrown numerous fits.
All this, in addition to the craptastic rainy/cloudy/cold weather we've been having in Pittsburgh has resulted in me being quite "AREYOULOOKINGATME?HUH?PUNK?", but today the sun is out, and I'm gonna go pick up some cream to put on my itchy boob. Things will get better.