Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ten Years of Bliss

Ten years ago today, I was in a room at a resort in Jamaica, waiting to marry Jim.  I reached up into the closet to pull my shoes down, and an envelope fell to the floor.  Jim had left a letter for me.

He said, (among other things), "I want you to know that I will always be there for you, through the peaks and valleys, and will never let you down.  I will very much enjoy growing old with you..."

Ten years later, I have a whole box of cards and letters Jim has made for me over the years, but that letter he left on our wedding day is still my favorite.

I've had many "schemes" in our 10 years.  The newest is the obsession with decorating and organizing the house.  We had this email exchange yesterday...



From: Jen
Reply-To: Jen
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 10:37:58 -0700 (PDT)
To: Jim
Subject: art
Hey Gorgeous,
Living Social has a deal - $70 worth of stuff on art.com <http://art.com>  for $35. (deal is running for the next 7 days only).  We need to figure out what we're doing!!  (NO PRESSURE)



 From: Jim
 To: Jen
 Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 1:40 PM
 Subject: Re: art
 


Re: art 



NO PRESSURE.

LYBT







From: Jen
Reply-To: Jen
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 10:49:21 -0700 (PDT)
To: Jim
Subject: Re: art
Ha!  If you wanted to hang THIS on our wall, we wouldn't make it to 11 years of happily married bliss.  It IS bliss, right?!



 
 
 

Exquisite Bliss.


_________________________________________________________________




I smiled when I read his answer - "Exquisite Bliss".  In ten years, there's been arguments, stress, and difficult situations.  There has been funerals, tears, ended friendships, and financial struggles.  But, there has also been so much love, joy, and as evidenced by these emails... laughter.  

It HAS been exquisite, Jim!  I'm enjoying growing old with you.  (We're not old yet, despite what our weak eyes and aching backs say).  
ILYBT (I Love You Big Time),
Jen











8 comments:

Elissa said...

congrats! you guys are adorable and, quite seriously, don't look a dang bit different than you did 10 years ago!!!!! :-)

here's to another 10 exquisite years!

Brooke said...

You two are adorable!! Congrats on 10 years!!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! And we are celebrating 10 years on July 13th!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the threshold pic.

Karen said...

Awww...that's all i can say is Awww...I love it. Thanks for sharing. I have needed a reminder of something positive in life lately and this is perfect. I am so happy for you that you have that bond and level of love after 10 years. You need to write a "how to" book!

Christine Clickner said...

not to copy Karen, but...AWWWW! Dan and I will celebrate 17 years on June 24! I love your dress, Jen...you make a beautiful bride...I love that dress!!!

JCK said...

Happy Anniversary, Jen! You are blessed in each other.

Ducky said...

I never really believed love like that was possible...until now.

Congratulations