Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Some Kind of Spurt

I know that kids go through growth spurts, but do they go through learning spurts? If so, that is what was going on with Dylan yesterday. He didn't play with a single toy all day. All he wanted to do was gather information. He was like a little alien, sent to earth to gather data on our planet. "Must...learn...more...meep...Need...more...books...meep...need...more...flashcards...meep".

I swear that I read him every toddler appropriate book in the house, (and we have a lot!) Then, he shoved flashcards at me, over and over, plopping his little learning butt in my lap. I finally had to take the crazy kid to the library. He ran into the children's section shouting, "Books, Mommy!" After reading every book in our house, my excitement must have been a bit lacking, because he pulled on my arm until I finally put the appropriate amount of enthusiasm in my voice and agreed, "Yes! Books, Dylan!"

I started singing him a song, later - "The Wheels on the Bus". He's heard it many, many times before, but he usually just stared at me, probably wondering why my singing voice is so bad. Yesterday, out of nowhere, he sang the whole song, over and over again. Of course, I had to get him to do it for Jim when he got home...


5 comments:

Nicole said...

Aww that is so cute!!! he's really into that song!

Burgh Baby said...

I know I'm supposed to be watching Dylan and all his adorableness, but instead I'm looking at your foyer and going, "I LOVE it!" I like the wainscoting, too, and I totally understand your need to paint now. Lovin' the tiny glimpse of the new house!

The Girls' Mommy said...

Now I have, "Aw doo down" singing through my mind :)

Sparx said...

wow! Dylan and the spud are really growing in parallel - we've just had singing as well and he is definitely going through a learning spurt - fabulous!

Shellie said...

HOw cute is that!?