Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Like Father, Like Son

I've mentioned, (and you've witnessed), that Dylan looks a lot like his dad. But, did you know that they have many other similarities?

Jim loves his tools. (I was nice, and took a picture of the "neat" area, because I'm a good wife).




Dylan loves his tools. (I swear that I came in the room, and he was arranging his tools! OCD, a little?)



Jim loves to build things. (This is a shoe rack he built from scratch! Soon to be modified to work in our new house.)


Dylan loves to build things. (And destroy them two seconds after building them, but whatever).



Jim is very creative. (He made this three dimensional picture frame with cut paper. Cut paper!! As in, he cut each little circle and blade of grass by hand. I don't have that kind of patience. Or a steady hand.)

Dylan... well, time will tell. I totally see where he was going with this, though. The bold use of color, the juxtaposition of the lines, and the overall composition is quite impressive.

Here they are doing our taxes...



What can I say about my guys? Separately, they're adorable, but put them together and I'm turned to mush.

11 comments:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

So seriously cute. Dylan, not Jim. (Sorry Jim).

And so smart! Dylan, not Jim. (Sorry Jim).

Although Jim's frame? Very, very impressive work!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Oh and I totally want that work bench for Jonathan. He loves his tools too!

Sparx said...

Great pics - I love the one of them doing the taxes - but seriously, that paper-cut picture. Really? Wow. Mind you I remember some of the cards you two made each other that you put up a year or more ago and the two of you have some serious talent going on. Wait, that was you, wasn't it? Erg. Hope so!

Burgh Baby said...

My OCD-loving heart turned to mush when I saw the perfectly lined up tools. LOVE it!

Janet said...

We all have the OCD tendencies, and sadly no peg board with which to carry them out.

That picture frame is truly amazing. Jim needs his own etsy page.

The Girls' Mommy said...

That picture frame ASTOUNDS me! Wow.

I have a friend who just bought their little boy some nesting boxes that you can stack to make a tower. Its called "Attack of the 50 Foot Baby." So funny. Dylan might like them- http://wrybaby.com/detail.aspx?ID=140

Kellan said...

They are so cute - both of them. And sooooooo talented!! Love that cabinet and that fram is so cute!!

Loved this post, Jen. Miss you. Talk to you soon - Kellan

Karen said...

I love when kids imitate their parents.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Mush indeed.

Does Dylan have a fake razor so he can "shave" with Dad? That one always got to me.

What a creative talent your husband is.

me said...

So cute!
Hi Jen, Burghbaby mentioned you in a comment on my blog so I came over to investigate. Dylan is adorable! Maybe meet you at a BurghMom meet up soon.
~Kelly

JCK said...

That frame is incredible! Amazing work. You've got an artist there. And Dylan's artwork is also pretty interesting for one so young. Don't you think? :)

Very cute pictures.