Thursday, July 16, 2009

Summer Musts

I know. Where have I been?! You see, something happens to me every year, in July. I panic. "SUMMER IS HALFWAY OVER AND I HAVEN'T DONE THIS AND THAT AND THIS AND...". I suddenly feel the need to cram as much fun into the rest of the summer as humanly possible. I get depressed, thinking about what we didn't get to do. Dylan will only be 2 1/2 this summer, you know.

I think I need to remind myself of all the "must do" summer stuff we did get to do so far, so here goes...

You must share a snow cone at the Arts Festival...


Putting your feet in the fountain is a necessity...


You must eat lots and lots of watermelon...


You must pick and eat strawberries until your hands turn red, and you give yourself gas...


You must take at least one road trip...


You must spend several days at the zoo...


You must go swimming, and build a sandcastle...


There's still a lot of things I want our family to do this summer, but I think we've made a good start.

4 comments:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Oh crap. I have to complete some of those still! And where am I going to find the sand and the castle? Wait! I have a place. It isn't the ocean...it's a lake, but..it will do! It has sand!

Whoo-hoo! I will have to catch up soon!

(Dang, that kid is cute!)

Janet said...

You did get an excellent assortment of summer activities in there!
I'm in the same mode. The Queen starts kindergarten in 3 weeks, and I feel like I have to cram as much fun as possible into those weeks until we hit the End of the World As We Know It.

The Girls' Mommy said...

Amazing start :)

The Girls' Mommy said...

I have that panic, too. Every year. I have it each spring, each summer, and each fall. In winter the opposite happens...