Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sesame Street Live


Yes, Dylan is five, so that makes him a little old for Sesame Street Live, but if it was in Pittsburgh before we somehow missed it.  We figured this was our only chance, because I'm pretty sure that next year he would probably scoff at the idea.  This year I wouldn't say he was super excited, but he was interested.

These are the things I'll remember...

*How easy paying for the tickets and parking online made everything.  We walked directly from the parking lot, into the Console Energy Center, without freezing in the 25 degree air.

*Dylan sitting there completely still, waiting for the show to start, and me worrying because that is not normal behavior! (I'm worried about the penny he swallowed days ago).

*Dylan watching the show with a wide eyed stare, and mouth open. (Jim commented that I watch t.v. that way!)

*The little girls behind us screaming, and hitting both me and my mom in the head with something.

*Dylan grabbing the bowl of popcorn and exclaiming, "Hey!  Who ate all the popcorn?"  Then, we looked over at "Bubba" and his hands were all greasy and he had bits of popcorn still stuck to his face.

*Abby singing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" to help Big Bird fall asleep.  Dylan, Jim, and I looked over at my parents and they were both "resting their eyes".

*Jim missing our turn and driving us all over Pittsburgh.  He likes to pretend he knows exactly what he is doing though.

Dylan enjoyed it, and now, thanks to this post I'll always remember it.

2 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

It sounds like fun--except for the getting hit in the head part!

Brooke said...

What a fun day! I'm glad you squeezed that in before he was totally over it! I don't think I could drag Chase there..... oy!