Monday, August 27, 2007

Newbie

Hi Everyone! So, I am new to this blogging thing. I went to a writers conference this weekend, and was told that all writers should be blogging, to gain an audience, or get practice writing, or maybe just to distract yourself from the fact that you aren't published yet, which is the ultimate goal. So, here I am world!

Now, I don't consider myself old, (I'm 35), or dumb, but I will say this. I am a bit technologically challenged, or hesitant, or resistant. I don't own an ipod or a blackberry and I've never texted. I actually remember being in grad school when people were talking about this new thing coming out that was going to change everyone's life - "the world wide web". At the time, I remember saying "Whatever!" and actually searching through my purse for a quarter to call someone from a pay phone to say I was going to be late to meet them! Crap! I am old, aren't I?

This year I actually broke down and purchased a digital camera for the first time - I liked picking up film and being surprised by the shots I got. Don't get me wrong - some of these "newfangled gadgets" I don't know how I lived without. Take my DVR, for example. I used to almost get into a wreck rushing home from wherever I was on Thursday nights, because I couldn't miss Survivor. I used to plan my life around tv, and watch commercials, "like an animal" as my husband would say. Wouldn't it be nice if we had a DVR for our life? When some asshole makes a rude comment, we could pause, think of the best comeback ever to come out of someone's mouth, rewind, and deliver. We could fast forward through meetings, waits at doctor's offices, trips to the grocery store or dentist, and our children's tantrums.

What I'm trying to say is, I'm new to this, so bear with me. How about some encouragement? I'll get the ball rolling... "Wow, Jen! You're amazing! Great job! Way to go!"
Hope you like my blogs. Visit anytime.
Thanks,
Jen

No comments: