Saturday, July 19, 2008

Surprise Someone Week - Mission Completed

Jim and I love all things tropical. I mean, we were married in Jamaica in a gazebo overlooking the ocean! Our reception/party that we had when we returned didn't involve tuxes and fancy dresses. Instead we all wore shorts and Hawaiian shirts!

Unfortunately, since we are looowww on finances this year, and the nearest ocean is about 6 1/2 hrs away, sand, surf, and tropical breezes are probably not in the forecast anytime soon.

So, for the surprise this week, I decided tropical themed dining was the next best thing. There is a restaurant not too far from us, called Bahama Breeze, which is decorated like a tropical resort, and has food to match - think Jamaican jerk chicken and coconut shrimp, YUM!

I decided to really go all out, and I dressed Dylan and myself in our Hawaiian shirts. Dylan just happens to have a shirt that matches Jim's, so of course, I took the shirt and some shorts for Jim to change into. The plan was to be standing there at Jim's job, in our tropical attire, as the elevator door opened.

Somehow, I ended up being late, (does this sound familiar?), so I had to call Jim and tell him not to leave work yet. So, he wasn't 100% surprised, but still, it was really fun. The food was good and Dylan was in an awesome mood, eating an adult sized portion of food and charming nearby patrons.

When we got in the car, my not usually demonstrative husband grabbed (yes, GRABBED!!) my face, and pulled me in for a kiss to say thanks! YESSSSSS!!! I'm telling you, all you party poopers, "I'm going to ignore this post" people, you are missing out.




("Hey, wait! I thought I saw fruity drinks....with umbrellas in them! Let's go back in!")

8 comments:

The Girls' Mommy said...

Cute place! makes me want to go to the baech...

The Girls' Mommy said...

OK, that was supposed to be "the beach"

Anonymous said...

FUN! What a wonderful way to spend an evening - and yeah for Dylan having fun too (children who behave always seems to triple the enjoyment of a meal out for me!)

And thank you for the pictures . . . now I know who Dylan gets his hair from!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

If you can't get to the beach, bring the beach to you. Perfect.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

That's awesome! Sounds like your surprise stuff is really working out. And sounds like you being late and all that is just like me!

Your Dylan is so cute.

Jonathan just got a hair cut, I'll have to post the photos.

They remind me so much of each other.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Shellie said...

Sounds like a great time for all and a wonderful surprise!

Burgh Baby said...

Alexis LOVES Bahama Breeze. I have no idea why, but I guess it's the whole beach thing.

Great idea!

Janet said...

COCONUT SHRIMP!!!! I'm moving to your town. We're heading to the beach in September - a mere 11 hour drive. We do it in two days.

That's a wonderful surprise. I still haven't done anything for mine. Well, unless you count getting pneumonia. That was a bit of a surprise.