Saturday, August 30, 2008

I'm Guest Posting on Motherscribe

On December 28, 2007, I left a comment on a new blog that I had somehow stumbled upon. The author of the blog, JCK, from Motherscribe, had just done a very long, involved meme, and I wrote, "Thank goodness you don't like me enough (yet) to make me do one of these". Yet! Here it is 8 months later, and I am guest posting on her blog tomorrow! I love when I get what I want! HA!

I knew the first time I read one of her posts that we just had to be friends. Who wouldn't want to be friends with her? She is a talented writer, who writes about raising a BOY and a GIRL just 10 months apart, with honesty and humor. She sees the beauty in the little moments of being a mom, and she celebrates them. She writes with candor about the struggles of raising children. She is REAL. She is funny, and she is fun. I love to read stories about her and her husband E, because you can just tell they are an adorable couple, and their sex life is smoking! (She writes odes to his luscious bottom, so one has to assume). Then there is her fishnets. My husband refers to her as "the fishnet chick". A woman who cleans in her fishnets, with a feather boa knows how to keep life interesting. Her poetry inspires me, and one day I hope to sit across from her, sipping drinks, (hers will be a JD and Whiskey), munching on chocolate, reading each others poetry, and of course, laughing. I just know there will be laughter.

I really don't want to let her down, so could you PLEASE all go over there and read my guest post tomorrow, and leave a comment, and if you're not reading JCK, you are missing out.

7 comments:

JCK said...

It is you who are so lovely, Jen. Your generous spirit and ability to laugh in the face of ...life's challenges. And divinely insane, of course! Ha! Will I NEVER let that end???

Thank you for taking the time to guest post on my blog. You are so talented and fun. I just know we will have drinks and laugh together someday. I know it.

Sparx said...

Hey hon - done and dusted - love the look of jck's blog too!

Elsie Button said...

hi there, went over and left a comment - was a great post! And what a great blog too - i had never seen her before!

Kellan said...

You know I spent most of my time in San Francisco with JCK - she is just as fabulous in person as she is on her blog! Love her and you! Take care - Kellan

BTW - Alexis loves her teacher and has since taken her candy. Comes home everyday telling me new things about her teacher - that she loves Harry Potter - how old she is, etc. She's over the initial "shock". BTW, she looks perfectly fine and very nice.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.