Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dylanisms

Dylan has been cracking me up this week. He has so much to say, and a lot of the time, I have no idea what the string of words he has just spouted out with enthusiasm means. Usually I understand the last word or two, and I piece the rest together. Sometimes, though, what he says is perfectly clear. Like yesterday, when I asked him, "Would you like to go to the library?"
He said in the funniest little voice, "Oh! THAT would be nice!" (with his voice going higher at the end of "nice")

Oh, and when I asked him what he wants for Christmas, he didn't even need to think about it.
"Milk, and a do-ey!" Oh crap, I thought. I have to field the requests for a dog already? We already have a cat I don't want.
"Dylan, you want milk, and a doggy?"
"No, milk and a do-ey!"
I was actually relieved when I discovered he was saying "donkey". He wants milk and a donkey for Christmas?!

7 comments:

Kellan said...

That is too cute! Some kids want a pony and Dylan wants a donkey - ACK!!!!!

TAke care - Kellan

The Girls' Mommy said...

I asked for a donkey for Christmas, too. Its the "in" gift this year, didn't you know?

Sparx said...

Wow, he's such a talker! Spud still doesn't come out with much, guess Dylan's moved ahead again! Merry Yule!

Kellan said...

Hey Jen! Hope you had a good weekend! Have a wonderful Holiday week - see you - Kellan

The Veggie Guy said...

You might want to email Tim from Smallaa if you haven't gotten an email from him...

tim DOT lai AT smallaa DOT com

Burgh Baby said...

Is he by chance referring to Donkey from Shrek?

JCK said...

Milk and a donkey. Priceless.