Friday, September 28, 2007

Dylan's Checklist

Since starting back to work part time, I have been looking forward to an afternoon without an agenda. Yesterday was that day. After Dylan's physical therapy in the morning, we had the afternoon free. What I didn't realize, was that he had his own agenda. This was apparently his list of "Things To Do" yesterday.

1. Push my exersaucer across the room, then pull a piece of it off with my superhuman strength. Check.
2. Eat some cat food. Check.
3. Chew on every book in the house. ("Are books a food group?"). Check.
4. See how many times I can get Mommy to yell, "HEY!", or "NO!". Check.
5. MAKE MOMMY SCREAM ALL HER EMAILS, BY HITTING THE CAPS LOCK KEY AGAIN AND AGAIN. ("I like when it lights up!"). Check.
6. When Mommy thinks I'm taking a nap, reach through the slats in my crib, pull a chunk of hair out of my stuffed lion, and see how much I can eat before Mommy catches me. Check.
7. While Mommy is checking her emails, pull the Kleenex box down, pull out about 30 pieces, and see how many I can stuff in my mouth before Mommy realizes I'm being strangely quiet, and comes to investigate. ("Ruh-Roh!") Check.
8. Suck on Mommy's toes. ("Why are you making that face, Mommy?"). Check.
9. Pull the mail, remote controls, Mommy's checkbook, a calculator, and a pen off the couch and put each item in my mouth until Mommy makes that face...again! Check.
10. Wait until Mommy has just wrestled her way through a diaper change, then take a dump that belongs in the Book of World Records. Check.
11. Pull out some of Mommy's hair and put it in my mouth. ("She doesn't need it right? She's always pulling out those gray ones"). Check.
12. Grow another two inches and gain another 10 lbs since yesterday.

Ok, so maybe it just felt like the last one happened, but the rest are true. I wonder what he has planned for today? I can only imagine.

No comments: