Monday, July 12, 2010

Fifth Week of Summer

Last week we spent a lot of time indoors, due to the unbearable heat!  We went to story time, Target, USA Baby to order bed rails for Dylan's "big boy bed", and Tanger Outlets to buy Dylan new shoes and water sandals.  The water sandals weren't new for very long, as we went straight to the new park we found with a stream and a waterfall.  Dylan scraped his knee, and fell in numerous times, but still managed to have a great time.  I didn't have my camera with me, so I have no pictures of that. : (  

We also went to two 1st birthday parties (both were Dylan's second cousins).  

These were my favorite moments from the week:

*Dylan putting his face right in front of Noah's, saying "Bye!  Bye!  Bye!... Why isn't he talking?"  "Well, he's only one.  He can't talk yet", we explained.  "But... he HAS a mouth!"

*  When he said, "Mommy, I'M your best friend.  "X" is your best LADY friend".

*  When we went to eat at Applebees, and he said "I don't want to eat where there's BEES!"

And my absolute favorite, which we got on video, and if this wasn't a public blog I would show you...

* Dylan practicing the YMCA dance naked, in front of the mirror, before his bath.

My favorite pictures from last week...












6 comments:

Brooke said...

Such cute stuff! I love those photos of you guys with the long grass and the amazing sky :D
Nicely done.
And those cute little quotes had me rolling. What a funny little guy you have!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

That YMCA video would be sooo funny!

I love the photos! Those of you in the grass are just awesome!

And your kid is waay too funny!

blue china studio happy said...

I love the things your son says! So funny. And the YMCA video I can only imagine.

Lovely, lovely shots of you and family with the sky and clouds.

The Girls' Mommy said...

Ooo I love those feild pics!!

Lindsay said...

Dylan is so funny! Great photos.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Those clouds look so beautiful they're almost surreal!