Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Summer So Far

Man, June is flying by!  The summer months go so quickly, don't they?  This is what we've been doing so far...

The place we go for ice cream has a ton of flavors.  We've been sampling a lot of them!  Well, not so much me... I'm on a diet.  I've lost about 10 lbs!

Dylan loves water, but the sprinkler isn't his favorite.  He says the water is too cold!  Believe it or not, we haven't gone swimming yet this summer.  The weather hasn't been real cooperative.

You can blow bubbles in any kind of weather!

I've stuck to my pledge to try a new recipe each week this summer.  They've mostly been chicken recipes, since I'm always looking for ways to liven up chicken.  

"The Puppy" - We've done a few crafts, but not nearly as many as I'd like.

Last week, he went to Vacation Bible School at my parent's church.  It was a "cooking" theme.  There was a show for the parents with all 300 kids singing and doing motions to about 10 songs!  Wow, was it crazy, but the kids (including Dylan) did a great job.  I almost started crying, watching him on stage singing.  He just looked so sweet up there.

Hope you are all enjoying your summer!





3 comments:

Demon Deacon said...

I'll take you swimming! :)

The Girls' Mommy said...

Ooops, that was me

Brooke said...

It is going way TOOO fast. Right? Hopefully you will be getting some swimming weather real soon :D I could use a dose of some non-swimming weather myself. It has been HOT!