* I'm pretty sure we are the only people in our neighborhood that don't have our Christmas lights up. Jim refused to get the Christmas stuff out of the attic until December 1st, but then we were busy all last weekend and never got it done. It's okay, though. This guy makes up for our lack of Christmas lights...
There's one in every neighborhood, and this is ours. Ho, Ho, HOLY CRAP, THAT'S A LOT OF LIGHTS! When we drive by the house, on our way home, Jim shouts "AVERT YOUR EYES! AVERT YOUR EYES! DO NOT STARE DIRECTLY AT IT OR YOU'LL GO BLIND!" I put my camera in my car yesterday, planning to get a shot on my way home from work last night. I slowed down as I approached the house, and then quickly sped back up when I saw the guy standing on his porch. I think he was trying to decide if he could fit a little more tacky in the yard. Either that, or he smelled smoke from the fuse that was about to blow and take out power in the whole neighborhood.
* Saturday we are going to the Holiday Pops Christmas concert downtown, along with my parents. Seeing the huge tree and pretty decorations, and hearing the music should put us in the decorating mood.
Maybe we'll also finally get a picture for our Christmas card?!
* Jim, Dylan, and I watched Rudolph last night. I get sad sometimes, thinking about how much Dylan has already grown. But, then he buries his head in my shoulder and covers his eyes, afraid of "Bumble", and he's still my innocent little boy.
* I've already started to panic a bit about him going to kindergarten next year. We've toured four schools, and have one more scheduled to tour. There is one we really, really like, but the students are chosen by lottery, so the chances he'll get in are slim. I called to try and schedule a tour at our local public school. The conversation went like this...
Me: "I was calling because my husband and I would like to come in and tour the school".
Secretary: "Ummmmm....." (awkward silence)
Me: "We are looking at some private schools in the area and we wanted to tour the public school before making a decision".
Secretary: "Uh... well... let me take down your information and I'll get back to you".
That was Monday morning. I haven't heard back from her. Really doesn't make me want to send him there, you know?
* This is the first winter that Dylan doesn't take naps. He only goes to school Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. I'm having a hard time coming up with things to do! What do you do with your kids in the winter?