Jonny's mommy, left a comment on my last post, informing me that she tagged me for one of those blasted memes. So, I went to see which one I would have the pleasure of doing this time. She tagged me for the "List 6 Quirky Things About Yourself" Meme! Hey, Jonny's mommy, I JUST did it! I figured maybe she just didn't read that post, but then I went back, and saw that she had indeed COMMENTED on the post. Gee, Jonny's mommy, glad my writing is so memorable for you. (whimper, whimper, sniff, sniff) Apparently, you all think I'm quirky, but now you are giving me a complex.
But, since you are just dying to know more random facts about me, FINE, here you go... (Oh, and since I am quite certain I have absolutely no more quirks to share (Shoosh, Jim), these really are just random facts. Sorry.
1. I took piano lessons for 12 years. My parents had me start the lessons when I was 6, and I HATED it. I didn't do the exercises I was supposed to do in the book, so when my dad would take me, the teacher would yell at me. At first, my dad would stay during the lesson, but after a while, he would just drop me off, and go "run errands". Truth is, he just couldn't take the yelling, and the bad playing. I complained and complained, until he finally said if I kept at it until a certain point, then I could quit. Of course, by that point, I was enjoying it, and decided to keep playing. Although I play pretty well, I will not play in front of anyone, except Jim and Dylan. I blame this on all those D@!* piano recitals I was forced to participate in. I used to make myself physically ill, I was so nervous.
2. At this moment in time, I have never had a cavity, (knocking on wood, throwing salt over my shoulder, rubbing my rabbit's foot, crossing my fingers, and holding my breath). The dentist I went to as a child was so impressed with me, he told me if I could make it until I was 16 without a cavity, he would take me across the road and buy me a banana split. That jerk never did buy me my banana split, not that I need one these days.
3. Since turning 18, I have moved a total of 18 times! I just can't wait to box up all my crap once again. (Sigh).
4. I have the ability to make people (even random strangers) open up and tell me their life story. Sometimes, they tell me things they have "never told anyone". Sometimes it is cool - I get a lot of really interesting information(gossip). Sometimes it is a royal pain in the butt, like when I am just trying to enjoy a meal in a restaurant, or get my grocery shopping done. Also, some of the stuff I am told, I really, really didn't need to know. I probably should have been a reporter, and investigator, or a psychologist. I did think about being a psychologist, but when I realized I would have to go to college for 6 years, I changed my mind. I was only going for 4. Do you want to guess how many years I ended up going to college for my art/elementary education degrees that I am basically not using? Do you want to know how much money I could be making right now if I had gone for psychology? Let's talk about something else.
5. I like to try new things, and go new places. I have been jet skiing, parasailing, white water rafting, downhill skiing, cross country skiing, tubing, and spelunking(did not enjoy that one). I rode the thing at Kennywood that is like a bungee jump, but you don't go straight down. I have been to an indoor and outdoors shooting range. I have done improv in front of an audience (once), and people actually laughed, which was awesome! I learned to juggle at a camp, (I'm not as good as Jim). I've been to Paris, Milan, Florence, Rome, Venice, Cancun, Jamaica, Punta Cana, and various places in the U.S. If I had the money, I would travel all the time!
6. I hope you can handle this one. It's big. Really big...
My favorite color is blue. You okay? Do you need to sit down?