Friday, June 20, 2008

Dating is Hard

Dear Dylan,

I didn't have to work today, so I tried to schedule a play date for you. I emailed just about every other mommy I know that doesn't work! I was excited, because your girlfriend's mommy said they were free. You haven't seen her in a while, and now that you have really decided that you like hugs and you want to hug everyone, not just her, I was anxious to see what you would do. I was a little concerned when you opened the Mother Goose Rhyme book to the page with Georgie Porgie kissing those girls, only wanting to read that page this morning. What the rhyme doesn't tell you, Dylan, is that those girls all cornered him later on the playground and beat the snot out of him. So, don't get any ideas.

I'm sure you were sad when your girlfriend's mommy emailed, and cancelled, using some lame excuse about her being crabby and not fit for a play date due to her molars coming in. Sorry, kiddo. Women are fickle. At least she didn't say she had to wash her hair.


(Here he is on tiptoes, watching the kids across the street playing, who are much older. Then he looked at me, as if to say, "Well, Ma, will they do?)

7 comments:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Aaaaawww! He is soooo cute! Just look at him!

Poor thing. How awful that he has to learn about the cruel, cruel dating world so early in life.

Seriously, your kid is adorable!

JCK said...

I am convinced men get their hearts mushed at tender ages. I see it everyday.

Your little guy is the cutest! I hope the two of you had fun. Forget fickle dames!

Kellan said...

How cute!!!! He's a little darling and that was a darling post!!

Hope you are having a good weekend - Kellan

Kellan said...

Hey Jen - hope you all are having a good weekend. Take care - Kellan

Janet said...

Oh bless his heart. How sweet is that? So young to be stood up already. sigh.

Burgh Baby said...

Who gave him permission to get so big? Good grief. I just saw him a few months ago and POOF! there he is being all big.

Love hurts.

Sparx said...

Oh, little thing! Such a sweetie. Come over for a playdate here anytime, we love playdates.