Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010 Memories

Looking around at my Christmas decorations, and the toys that have taken over the house, I found myself thinking, "What will I remember most about this Christmas?"  Then, "What do I want to remember the most?"

I want to remember Dylan's constant singing of Christmas carol after Christmas carol...

I want to remember that despite getting a bunch of cool new toys, Dylan was happy to do this...
(He's dancing, if you don't recognize that signature move).

and this...

I want to remember his excitement about helping us decorate the tree...


I want to remember Dylan simply asking us for markers, and Santa for paper.




I want to remember us playing our traditional Christmas game, where you can steal a present off someone at the end, and how Dylan was eyeing "Mi-Ma"'s big bag of M&Ms until it was finally his turn.  When he stole them off her, and she pretended to cry, and he reached up to pull her hands away from her face, saying "It's okay.  I'll take something else".

I want to remember the innocence and joy of Dylan at 4, and now, thanks to this post, I will.

7 comments:

JCK said...

Lovely memories. 4 is precious! Happy New Year, Jen!

Burgh Baby said...

I love this post.

Brooke said...

What a great Christmas boy :D He seems so sweet!

Sparx said...

...and he's writing! What a star, no wonder he wanted markers, he's clearly putting them to good use...

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

And make sure you back up your blog completely. one of my favorite bloggers lost all of her posts when someone hacked her blog!

Just keep the posts saved somewhere because this is so cute!

Amber said...

Ahhh, I've missed you my friend (mind if I call you that?). And your lovely posts. I have much to catch up on, but this post was a great one to start with. And I say Amen to it! :)

The Girls' Mommy said...

Oh I love love love this post. I might steal it.