Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Drawings I'll Keep

Dylan is an only child.  Most of the time, I am his playmate.  My 4 1/2 year old does NOT like to play by himself.  At all.  There are times that this fact makes me completely crazy.  Mostly, when I'm attempting to get something done, and he's wrapped around my leg, whining that he "CAN'T" play by himself!

But, there are days when I'm battling the never ending piles of papers strewn all over the house, that I see things that remind me... In the future, I'm going to long for these days.  I need to cherish and appreciate how much he loves and needs me at this point in his life.  I should probably frame these as a reminder...




2 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

My youngest daughter used to hate to play alone--probably because with 3 siblings and a cul-de-sac full of friends she never had to. Now she likes to be alone (sometimes).

I would definitely put those somewhere safe!

Lisa said...

I remind myself of this daily...in between the "play with me?" and the "You come with me!" pleas I hear so often!