Wednesday, May 19, 2010

An Anniversary Date

Jim and I celebrated our 8th anniversary recently.  My parents were going to watch Dylan for the whole day on Saturday, and it had been quite a while since we had a "date".  I might have gone a bit overboard in my planning.  I tried to cram way too much into one day!

I still say my plan would have gone perfectly, if we hadn't tried to stuff a few "errands" into our day.  Somehow, that always happens, right?  First, we went to order 30 trees for our backyard (more on that another day).  Then, since we were right by a store I've been needing to stop at for vitamins, we made a "quick" stop there, which ended up not so quick, since we ended up talking to someone about the children's medicine recall.  Then, we stopped at Panera Bread for lunch, (no, not THAT ONE.  We aren't brave enough to show our faces there yet).  Then, we went to Phipps Conservatory to see the flower show.

Even though I am not into scary stuff (movies, haunted houses, etc), when I heard they were going to have gargoyles at Phipps, I was excited.  What a perfect contrast, the "ugly" gargoyles amidst the "pretty" flowers.  A perfect Ugly/Pretty photo shoot.  If you watch America's Next Top Model, you know they had an Ugly/Pretty shoot a couple weeks ago.  I don't really think gargoyles are ugly.  Some are creepy, but some are cute... to me, anyway.  I took tons of pictures, but here are some of my favorite



































Isn't that last little guy cute?  After the flower show, we went to Ikea, where SOMEONE has the tendency to go a little bit crazy and run around like a kid in a candy store, going "Ooooh! And I want that!  And that, too!"  We had told my parents we would be home by 7:00, and midway through our shopping trip, I was horrified to look at my watch and see that it was already 5:45, and we still hadn't eaten dinner!  (That was supposed to be a part of the date).  We only had time to buy cups for Dylan, a jewelry hook for me, and a rope for Jim.  He said, "Don't worry, it's not to hang myself!", which for some reason, made me crack up.  I love that guy!  Eight years later.

5 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

Happy anniversary!

I really need to get to Phipps. It's been a year, which is far too long.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

That's a "married, with children" anniversary!

Happy Anniversary!

Velvet Over Steel said...

Happy Anniversary! Totally understand your post! I love you blog and pictures! Found you through my friend Amber's blog and so glad I did! Following and will be back soon! Again, Congrats on 8wonderful years! :-)
Hugs,
Coreen

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I love the gargoyles! And I love that photo of Jim! He looks so handsome and happy! You two are just so cute! Sounds like a great anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy (Belated) Anniversary! You, my dear, are becoming quite the little photographer! I love the shots of the flowers and the gargoyls, and especially that one of Jim - what fun!

And we are getting an IKEA in the Fall of 2011 - SO EXCITED!