Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!




Dear Lord,  It's such a hectic day, 
With little time to stop and pray 
For life's been anything but calm 
Since You called on me to be a mom  
Running errands, matching socks 
Building dreams with building blocks 
Cooking, cleaning, and finding shoes 
And other stuff that children lose 
Fitting lids on bottled bugs 
Wiping tears and giving hugs 
A stack of last weeks mail to read 
So where's the quiet time I need? 
Yet when I steal a minute, Lord 
Just at the sink or ironing board 
To ask the blessings of Your grace 
I see then, in my small one's face 
That you have blessed me 
All the while 
And I stop to kiss 
That precious smile.  
To All the Mother's reading this,  
may you enjoy this very special day.

(I got this in an email, and thought I would share it with all of you).

3 comments:

feather said...

such a great poem. and so true. happy mother's day, jen!

The Girls' Mommy said...

happy mother's day!!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Very sweet...and oh so true!