Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy? Thankful?

Are you happy?  Are you thankful?

Brad Pitt was interviewed recently and the interviewer asked Brad Pitt, "Are you happy?".  His answer was ""I think happiness is overrated, truthfully," he tells Australia's "60 Minutes." "I do. I think sometimes you're happy, sometimes you're not. There's too much pressure to be happy. I don't know. I don't really give a (bleep). I know I will be at times and I know I won't be at times..............".  "I don't give a shit"?!  To me, that doesn't sound like something a happy person would say.  Some might ask "How can he NOT be happy?  He is gorgeous, has a beautiful wife, healthy children, a successful career, and all the money a person could want!"

If someone asked me the question, "Are you happy?", I would answer "Yes".  I am happy.  I have many things to be thankful for - my family, my home, my friends, my health.  If someone asked me "Are you satisfied?", the answer might be different.  I have to admit that I always seem to be striving for more - more friends, more money... MORE.  I think that is part of human nature.  Wanting more gives us goals and something to work towards.  The trick is not letting the journey towards MORE, distract you from being thankful for what you do have right now.  There are so many things we take for granted.  There are so many things that we do every single day that we don't even think about.

Let this video remind you...

After watching the video, would you answer the question differently?  Are you happy?  Are you thankful?

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow!!! This is something. I watched this days ago....and finally got back to comment. Thanks for sharing this!! Really.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I am grateful every single day.

Thanks for posting this.