Saturday, November 5, 2011

Once You Post About Halloween It Is Officially November

I finally took down the Halloween decorations today, so I guess I better do a Halloween post, so I can officially embrace November.

Since Dylan LOVES to golf these days, the costume was pretty much a no-brainer.  I got every single bit of it at either a consignment sale, or consignment store, with the exception of the argyle socks.  I had no idea how hard it would be to find argyle socks for little boys!  Ended up having to buy those online.

On Halloween, I took Dylan to preschool, where I got to watch him and his classmates sing some Halloween songs, and then march in a parade through the school.  I'd show the video, but all the other kids are in it.

Right before trick or treating, (which was at 6:30pm here), it started to rain.  Oh, and it was cold!  But, it certainly didn't dampen the spirit of all the trick or treaters.  Dylan was as excited as ever.  We hit just about every house in our neighborhood.  My mom and dad were here to pass out the candy, while Jim and I took Dylan around.  My mom only gave each kid one piece, so I'm pretty sure we will be eating candy until Valentine's Day!
This is just the loot from school!


Dylan with my parents


The trick or treating loot

He's an organization freak, like his mom!  He sorted the candy and marked how many of each kind he had!  Then, we had to leave it like that, (in my living room), until the next day, so he could show his friend who was coming over for a playdate how much candy he got!  The part that amazed me was that even with all that candy out, he didn't try and sneak a piece!  (I guess that would have messed up his system).

Welcome, November!


3 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

He will love the Halloween candy graphing assignment in first grade! He looks adorable.

Sarah said...

His costume is FANTASTIC! He definitely looked like the real deal. Plus, his candy organizational system is totally something I did as a kid... :) Happy November!

The Girls' Mommy said...

OH my goodness--that's even more organized than gertie! he could give her ideas!

I love the costume :)