Thursday, November 1, 2007

7 Random Things - My Way

Okay, so I was "tagged" by Shellie (at littlebutloud.blogspot.com) , to list 7 random facts about myself. Oh the horror! The rudeness! The injustice of being told what to write about! (I'm kidding, Shellie. I don't mind at all). But whoever thought up this particular cyber chain letter should at least be a little more creative. Seven random facts?! Suh-Nore! How about 7 things that make you go "Hmmmm?", or 7 scenes in movies you totally relate to, or 7 things that make you shoot milk out your nose they are so funny, or 7 things you've done that made you feel completely exhilarated, or 7 things you did you wish you hadn't, or 7 things you wish you would do, or 7 things you can't live without, or even the 7 kinkiest places you've ever had sex?

Since I am a rabble-rouser and don't like to color in the lines, I'll list one for each of those.

1. I gave my son macaroni and cheese for the first time today. This kid will eat anything - squash, rice and lentil dinner, fuzz, books, cat food, whatever. Macaroni and cheese he spit out with a face that would sink 1000 ships! Whose kid is this? I would probably eat roasted pigs feet if you smothered it in cheese.

2. One scene I totally relate to these days is in the movie "When A Man Loves A Woman", with Andy Garcia and Meg Ryan. In case you haven't seen it, Meg Ryan plays an alcoholic who goes off to rehab, leaving Andy's character to take care of his job as a pilot, the house, and the two kids. One evening he is on the phone with his boss, the kids are running around the house screaming at each other, and something spills. There are no paper towels. He starts carrying on like a lunatic about paper towels. "Where are the paper towels!! I NEED paper towels! When we're out of paper towels I need someone to go get me some paper towels!!", (he screams at the annoyed nanny). I can totally relate. You don't realize how wonderful paper towels are until you have children, and suddenly they are worth their weight in gold.

3. The scene in "Money Pit" with Tom Hanks where the bathtub falls through the floor, and he just stands there laughing at it, makes me snort milk out my nose everytime! Well, that is, if I'm drinking milk, which I don't - I'm allergic, and it's gross.

4. I could definately write a whole post on this one, but one of the times I felt completely exhilarated and alive was when my college roommate and I went to France and Italy on a whim, with no set plans or reservations for 2 weeks. Amazing.

5. Wish it wouldn't have taken me 3 1/2 years to realize "The Bozo", was just that. Then again, maybe I wouldn't appreciate Jim as much as I do, if I hadn't made that mistake. Also, thank God I didn't marry him. Wheew.

6. This one is easy. I wish I would publish a book. I wish I would publish MANY books. I wish I would be such a successful writer that I would actually turn Oprah down when she calls to ask me to be on her show. That would shrink her big head a bit, or just royally piss her off.

7. I just realized the other day I am an addict. I am addicted to Blistex. Don't laugh! It's true. I always carry a tube of it in my pocket, so I can put it on throughout the day. One day this week, I wore pants without pockets and went to work without my trusted tube of joy. I thought about it ALL day. I looked in my purse 3 times for a tube I might have put in there. All day I could just feel my lips starting to chap. I went out and bought several to stash all over the house. I need help.

8. Are you nuts?! My parents read this blog. I already gave you 7 anyway!

Feel free to take my "7 Things" list ideas and run with them, but at least give me credit for thinking of them, or you'll be on another one of my lists. I won't say which one.

(I tried to figure out how to link to other people's sites - I even asked a few people for help, and they tried to explain it. Either I am brain dead, or they are using PC's and on my Mac I need to do it a different way. If anyone is using a Mac and can shed some light on this, let me know, please. Sorry!)

10 comments:

Karen said...

Those are some fun random things! I think #8 may have been TMI anyway. ;)

Burgh Baby said...

1. Real macaroni and cheese or that crap in the baby food jar? Let me tell you, that crap in the jar is NOT macaroni and cheese. Because of my insistence that Alexis try it, she wouldn't even look at the real stuff until about two months ago. Now it's one of her primary food groups.

7. At least now I know who I can count on when I can't find mine. Never leave home with Blistex.

8. Thank you for not sharing that. That would be TMI, all right.

Shellie said...

I wish I had gone to Europe! The kid is smart if he won't eat plastic mac and cheese, try the real thing some time. And go for it on the book writing! #8 was a great teaser but I am too dumb to figure out what TMI means. Anyone? Any how it's just as well your parents read the blog. I'm jealous, I want a Mac! Hope you find and owner to help you.

Anonymous said...

Love these types of posts! I am forever wanting to know things about the people I read - particularly the obscure.

I agree with everyone on the macaroni and cheese - the jarred stuff is on my list of the Top 10 Grossest Things I Have Ever Eatten!

(To link to someone else's blog or to another Internet site: highlight the text that you want to be the link and select the hyperlink button. A window will appear that lets you enter a web address - type in where you want the text to lead your reader. Good luck!)

Kellan said...

I loved #6 and #7 and I also like he move "When a Man Loves a Woman". These were fun and funny - thanks. Nice to get to know you better. Have a good weekend.

Jen said...

Thanks Karen! I just wanted to tease all of you.

BBM, Yes, it was the baby mac & cheese. I'll try the real stuff soon.

Shellie, don't feel bad. It took me a while. I was going "T - M- I? The Most Interesting? The Most Important? Oh!! Too Much Information. Gotcha.
Thanks for the encouragement about my book.

Driving,
Thanks for trying to help, but I don't have that hyperlink button. The whole thing is missing - the italics, font, etc bar.

Thanks Kellan, I enjoyed your 14!

Maria (also Bia) said...

I recently got tagged and I love your idea of assigning titles to the seven random facts! I especially like the milk through the nose one. For me it would be the scene in Miss Congeniality when Michael Cain comments on Sandra Bullock chewing with her mouth open (I believe he mentions a "half masticated cow"). God bless!

Jen said...

Bia, thanks for stopping by! Hope you keep reading. I enjoyed your 8.

Zoe said...

i recall reading somewhere that blistex and carmex are equally addictive. everyone i know who uses those products are obsessed. wierdos.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.