Sunday, November 18, 2007

I'm Engaged!!

Jim and I met online in March 2000. I stumbled across a dating site by accident, and saw that they were offering a free 2 week trial. "Why not?", I figured. At the time, I didn't even have a computer. I was visiting my parents, and using theirs. I did a search, entering certain criteria, like that they couldn't be a smoker, they had to be at least 5' 10" (I'm 5' 11"), they had to have a job, not live with their mommies, not be criminals, you know, just the basic stuff. Then from the ones that matched my criteria, I chose a few and sent them emails. When I saw Jim's picture, I thought he was cute, and he looked really confident, and he had a sexy expression. I sent him an email, along with a few other people, then came out to talk to my parents before leaving. "I joined a dating site online, and I wrote to some artist guy", I announced.

I started going to the library on my 1/2 hr break at work to use their computers and see if I got any responses. When I got his reply this is what it said..."Hi Jen, I read your profile and must say that I enjoyed it. It's good reading. It was like looking into my own mind and soul. I have very similar views. (Hopes and dreams, plans and schemes). Only you're much cuter."

Fast forward to March 2002. We were staying overnight at The Log Cabin Motel. Our room had a jacuzzi, so we were going to relax in the jacuzzi for awhile. Jim got some candles out of his bag and started setting them up around the jacuzzi, and I thought "I love how romantic this man is!" We got in, and I noticed that Jim's face was getting red, really red! It was getting really hot, and I was worried he would pass out, so I suggested we get out. "NO!", Jim yelled. But, he kept getting more and more red, so finally I got out, but he refused to get out. He begged, "Jen, please get back in, please". It seemed really important to him so I did. I leaned my back against his chest, and he wrapped his arms around me, then whispered in my ear, "How would you like to make me the happiest man in the world?" "By doing what?", was my retarded reply. I honestly thought he might say "By giving me a half hour back massage". He showed me the ring, (which he had been hiding on his finger - that's why he couldn't get out), and said "By marrying me".

Fast forward to September 2007. Our home is broken into, and my engagement ring is stolen. I am heartbroken. I loved that ring, and the memory that went along with it.

Fast forward to this morning, November 18, 2007. I was in the kitchen washing bottles, (my favorite past time), when Dylan came in holding a piece of paper. Jim was following him. This is what it said...



My ring finger has a beautiful new ring, with a new memory to go with it. One I'll never forget. Of course, my answer was a resounding YES! Yes, I will, Jim. For now, and for always. I'm so proud to be your wife, and I'm so happy to be sharing this journey with you. I Love You.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic story - and husband! I am sure that your first engagement ring had lots of wonderful memories associated with it, but the second already has it beat by a mile! Congratulations! (You may not get a second wedding, but I would push for a bachelorette party.)

Kellan said...

Oh, Congratulations! This story brought tears to my eyes - and that note - so perfectly romantic!! I'm so happy for you both!! God Bless you - Kellan

Mary said...

What a sweet story :)
You must have been so heartbroken when your first ring was stolen. I can only imagine. But what a fantastic, thoughtful husband you have! So so sweet :)
I also met my husband on line :)

tommie said...

Congrats! How exciting!

Burgh Baby said...

That's so sweet that I can't even make fun of it, even a tiny little bit! I think you should keep that one.

Kelly said...

WoW! You have 2 beautiful engagement stories!

Karen said...

Oh my goodness! How sweet!!!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

How incredibly sweet! Lucky woman :)

Pam said...

What a wonderful story! I love how romantic the whole thing is! I love that you have such a sweet and loving story to tell- okay, two sweet and loving stories! Yeah!! Hey- do you think you can get more engagement presents?

Joanna said...

Now that's just sweet! What a keeper.

Jen said...

Thanks for sharing the love, everyone!

LunaNik said...

this is the sweetest story ever! congrats!!! how cute that he had your son give the note to you!

Shellie said...

Both the ring and the man sound like keepers! So those online dating things can really work, huh?

Sparx said...

Wow, what a great story! What a great guy! I love it, he gets a medal for most romantic hubby!

Hannah said...

This is SUCH a sweet story!!! Your man sounds like such a romantic!]

Hannah http://blairsboys.wordpress.com