Tuesday, February 9, 2010

(So Not) Love Stories Part 1

One of my new blog buddies, Heather, from Simply Feather, gave me this award...

and tagged me to post 7 Random Things about Myself. Besides her great writing, I love to read her blog to be inspired. She is one crafty gal, and each one of her crafty posts makes me want to sit down and create... something, anything. But, I am sad to say that so far, I haven't actually sat down and created anything after reading one of her posts. Inspiration and motivation are two different things I guess. Then, there is procrastination. We'll talk about that some other time.

Since I did that meme before not once, but twice, and changed the rules, it should come as no surprise that I am also changing the rules this time. In honor of VDay, I thought I would do 7 (So Not) Love Stories From My Past.

1. My first kiss was from my parent's friend's little boy, when I was maybe four years old. My parents have a picture of me pushing him away, with a "COOTIES!" kind of look on my face. Interestingly enough, I ended up going to the prom with that guy... as friends. No kissing was involved.

2. When I was almost 16, I went to a week long camp with two friends. I had gone with a plan. For some reason, it was important to teenage me, that I not be "Sweet 16 and Never Been Kissed". I was getting someone to kiss me at that camp! (If my parents only knew they were sending me to Christian camp for this reason!) My friends and I were hugging people goodbye on the last day, and I hugged a guy I had hung out with during the week. As we pulled away, I said, "How about a kiss?" It was a perfect first kiss, not too long, not too short, just soft and sweet... and I never saw him again. (I didn't kiss anyone else until I was 18!)

3. In high school, my friends and I went to a dance club that had "Under 21" nights. One evening when a slow song came on I became exasperated. "Look at this!!", I shouted to my friends. "The guys stand over here waiting for someone to ask them to dance, and the girls stand over here waiting... and no one ever dances! I am sick of it! I am picking out the best looking guy here and I'm asking him to dance!" I marched up to Hot Guy, asked him to dance and turned around to go back to my friends, (convinced he would say No), when I heard him say "Sure". After we danced, this very large, scary girl got in my face, saying she was going to "kick my ass" for dancing with "her boyfriend". I informed her, "Maybe you should inform him that he's your boyfriend, because he doesn't seem to know". Miraculously, my ass wasn't kicked, and I learned something valuable... Guys are just as scared and insecure as girls are.

4. After I discovered how much guts it takes to ask someone to dance, I vowed that I would say "Yes" to anyone who asked me. It didn't take long for me to revise that proclamation. First, there was the drunk guy whose breath almost made me pass out cold. Then, the rather large gentleman who was sweating so profusely my hands slid right off him. The final straw was when a guy came up behind me and asked. I turned around, said "Sure", and followed him onto the dance floor. As we started dancing, he started talking. I looked past him to where my friend sat, trying to motion to her without him seeing. She didn't understand me and I was struck by a horrible case of the giggles. I had to bury my head in his shoulder (he thought I was into him), to keep from laughing. When I got back to my friend I explained that I was motioning to tell her that he only had 4 teeth!

(I need to watch TV with the star of my real Love Story now, so I'll post 5-7 another day. Hope you can handle the suspense).

6 comments:

feather said...

this is funny. 7 love stories? that could get us all into trouble, now, couldn't it?
looking forward to the remaining ones. don't make me wait so long this time!
oh, and i'm blushing. really. you are too kind.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I have to wait for the rest? Aw, dang it! You know I don't have a life...this is my excitement!

And, hey, what an exciting Christian camp that was! Do tell more! :-)

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome! I love your bold and outgoing personality - I don't think I could ever have asked a guy to dance or set out to kiss someone like that!

Amber said...

4 thoughts on your 4 stories.

1. I still think boys are insecure and scared. Probably more so than girls. But, pathetic as this sounds, I like that they keep it inside most days. If my hubby and I were both walking around with our insecurities on our sleeves, well, it wouldn't be pretty.

2. You are bold. I love that. Love love that. Timidness is for the birds.

3. If your dance partner's "girlfriend" would have punched you, would you have punched her back?

4. Please no more waiting for 5-7. I'm an impatient girl. Chop chop.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

In my experience with Christian camps (Young Life) there was a lot of kissing going on. That's all I'm saying.

JCK said...

It's fun to look back, isn't it? And be so glad you are where you are. :)