Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Farm & Playground

Even though I am still sporting a raspy smoker's voice from the cold that won't go away, and Dylan now has it, we managed to have a very enjoyable weekend.  Outdoors!  That was key.  I was in desperate need of some sun.

It is a yearly tradition for us to go to Reilly's Summer Seat Farm in October.  In all the times I have gone there, it has certainly never been so warm! (It was 90 degrees on Saturday!)  We went on a hayride, picked out some pumpkins,  played some games, went through a Candyland corn maze, and ate chocolate chip cookies that melted in our hands.  Dylan went in the balloon typhoon, went through the Boo Barn ("I did NOT like that!", he said about a hundred times afterwards), fed some very aggressive goats and sheep, went on a pony ride, and had his arm painted (he never wants his face painted).  Other than the fact that Dylan is not getting any better about waiting in lines, the day went well.




On 10/10/10 we ordered 10 windows to be installed.  Nothing like spending your tax return WAY before you get it.  It's a good thing we did, though, because yesterday we discovered a crack/hole in one that resulted in a stink bug invasion in Dylan's room.

We also went to what has to be the coolest playground in the area - Castle Park.






Do you see this crazy 45 year old, who thinks he is still a kid?  He climbed across the TOP of the monkey bars, reliving his youth and causing his wife to scream, "ARE YOU CRAZY?!  THERE'S NO ONE HERE TO HELP ME IF YOU FALL!  I DON'T HAVE MY CELL PHONE TO CALL FOR HELP, EITHER!"




6 comments:

Mary said...

Wow! That is one heck of a playground! And about your husband, that is definitely something I could see mine doing. And I'd be just like you.....flipping out! ha ha ha

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Both outings look very cool--and I have a husband that's a climber, too!

Brooke said...

Oh wow - what a day!!!! I was laughing at the goat feeding - ours were a little greedy too :D And your hubby is cracking me up - hopefully he made it down okay!!!!!

The Girls' Mommy said...

That playground is AWESOME. I have playground jealousy :)

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

We have a similar playground, but not that big. We love it...Well, Jonathan does. Me? Not so much because I can never find him.

I love that shot of Jim! Awesome!

the part about you sounds like something I would say to Warren.

I'm at work so I can't watch the video. Glad I can't anyhow, they always make me weep *sigh* Plus Jonathan likes to watch them with me.

feather said...

look at those long legs on dylan! my goodness, that boy is growing every day!