Sunday, May 27, 2012

Crazy Comparisons to Make Me Cry

I have really been letting the blogging thing slide lately, haven't I?  There is a post I've been wanting to write for a while, and I'm finally getting around to it.

If you're a faithful reader, you know that I have this thing I like to do.  I like to take photos of Dylan in the same spot, year after year, and see how much he changes.  Each time I do it, I get all nostalgic and sappy, so I'm not sure why I keep doing it.  I guess I enjoy torturing myself?

There is this farm that I've been going to since I was a kid.  I don't know what it is about this farm, but I swear I get better pictures there than just about anywhere else.  The first time we went that Dylan could walk, I took this shot...

(May 2008 - 1 year)

Oh my gosh... I'm gonna need tissues for this post, aren't I?!  Here's the progression...

(2009)

(Sept. 2010)

(May 2012)




The first time I wrote about this farm, I wrote that I took Dylan out of the stroller, turned away for a second to get a picture, and found that he was walking along this wall...

(Oct. 2008 - almost 2 years old)

(That was when the renegade stroller took off down the steep hill to the left, careening towards the road.  Fun times.)  The funny thing is, look what happened in the years ahead...

(Sept. 2010 - 3yrs)

(Oct. 2011 - 4 yrs)

(May 2012 -5 yrs)

When I was a kid, I had to walk along the "balance beam" each time I went to the farm.  Here's my kid... a chip off the old block...
(2009)


(2011)


(May 2012)

There is this beat up shed on the property that serves as the perfect backdrop, year after precious year...

(April 2009)

(Nov. 2009)




(Aug. 2011)

(Oct. 2011)


(May 2012)

Hope you enjoyed that walk down memory lane as much as I did! (SOB!)











3 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I did!

That is an adorable tradition. If you can make it do it when he's a teenager, I will really hand it to you!

Brooke said...

Soooo cute. They grow so fast. I love that last shot with the cool tshirt!!

Lisa H. said...

No I did not enjoy that because now I'm feeling weepy and don't want my child to leave my sight today in case he grows while I'm away from him!!!