Friday, July 6, 2012

T-ball Games

When I got pregnant, I hoped I would have a boy.  Of course, I would have been thrilled either way, but that was my preference.  In all the years that I taught, I always had more of a bond with the boys.  I adore Dylan, and I love being the mother to a boy.  Honestly, though, there is one thing I felt I was missing out on... dance class.  Is there anything cuter than a little girl in a tutu and ballet slippers?  Probably not, but you know, this came pretty close...







Practice started in March, and they had 11 games from April up until June 25th.  We missed two games (one for his Spring Show at school, and one for our anniversary), but Dylan was thrilled that Jim was able to make it to all but one of his games.  "Mi-Mi" and "Bubba" (my parents) even made it to a few games.

For his first "organized" sport, I think it went pretty well.  His hitting improved quite a bit from start to finish.  He was just as unfocused on the field at the last game as he was the first, though!  Baseball is a pretty slow moving game for a kid like Dylan.  Will I sign him up again?  I don't know.  I think I'd like him to try something more active, like soccer or hockey.  I'm proud of him, though.  He always went without complaining, with a smile on his face.  He didn't complain that it was too cold (at the start of the season we were wearing winter coats!), or too hot (towards the end, they were playing in 90 degree weather!)  The most important thing at this point is having fun, and I think he did.  I enjoyed watching and cheering from the sidelines.

Can you see how much he changed from the beginning of the season...


to the end?...






2 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

T-Ball--it's an American rite of passage. He looks adorable and all boy.

Elissa said...

so cute! who doesn't love a boy in a baseball uniform?