Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

What we did this weekend...


(Went to a picnic/birthday party, and watched Dylan play with his second cousins).




(Spent some time enjoying nature, and throwing rocks in the stream).










(Ran through the sprinkler.  Or, in Dylan's case, tiptoed AROUND the sprinkler, not wanting to get his face wet).




(Jim and my dad planted 12 more of those trees in the background.  Then, we all went to Dylan's favorite restaurant - Eat N Park)




(Finally got the water table set up in the yard, and ordered a sandbox, which should be arriving any day now!)



(Spent some time reading.  No, it's not one of the ones I bought at the library.  I found out the Mom's Club I belong to is going to discuss it at the next book club meeting, and decided to see if the library had it.  I walked up to the librarian and asked her "Do you have a soft place to land?"  Yep, I did.  What was I thinking?  You should have seen the look she gave me!  After I clarified, "Uh, the book?", we both started cracking up.  I should finish it today).

The weekend went by way too fast, even with the extra day.  What did you do?  Hope you enjoyed it!

5 comments:

feather said...

i lovelove that picture of dylan by the river. such a classic pic. man, he's really growing into a young boy. his face is maturing so!
i want to know about this book. is it a parenting book? i keep meaning to locate that simplicity parenting book you suggested. i'll be honest, though...by the third kid i'm sorta over the parenting books! but it sounds good so i'll look it up!

Mary said...

We spent lots of time this past weekend playing with water. My guy's favorite thing right now is the slip n' slide. He loves it! Or just getting sprayed with the hose. We also set up our water table and it occupied them both for hours!
Looks like you had a wonderful weekend :)

blue china studio happy said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! Dylan is so cute!

Brooke said...

Such a fun weekend - I love the sprinkler shots. My kids are a little leary of the sprinkler too.... maybe they should tip-toe! :D

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I just love these photos! I agree with Feather that the one by the river is so awesome! But I really, really, really like the one of you running through and just having fun!