Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Just An Ordinary Day

When I am stressed, often the most calming thing I can do is to spend some time at home, doing some quality bonding with Dylan.  Today, we painted...

Read a ton of books in our "tent"...

Sat for a really long time, eating lunch and enjoying the sun, which made a rare appearance through the clouds that have persisted this entire stinkin' month so far.  The longer I live, the more I realize that I am a sun worshipper.  "Oh, most glorious orb of warmth and light.  Why do you forsake me, leaving me hither whilst the clouds darken my foul demeanor?  I beseech you to stay yonder, to warmeth my declining dispostion mucheth.  Glory to you, forever and ever, Amen".  If the sun had a church I would be in the front row every Sunday, waving my arms and talking in tongues.  (I can hear my parents now... "Where did we go wrong with that girl?")

After lunch, we went for a "bus ride".  This is my view, from the back of the bus, looking at the driver who seems to be confused on exactly which way is the front of the bus...

We went to the karaoke bar, ("the singing place")...


Then, to the "drawing place", where you "need to make silly pictures"...


To the "pet store to look at some animals"... This is a PET store?!  Um... isn't this the same guy who was sitting in front of me on the bus?...


We finished the afternoon by "selling some cookies".  Oddly enough, Puppy was our only customer, and Puppy looks like he needs more than cookies to perk him up...




So often, we are rushing about, trying to get things done.  To accomplish something.  To cross things off our precious lists.   Sadly, we probably don't write "Spend quality time with my kids" on our lists, but we should.  It really should be listed as Number 1.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

YES! I agree - too much rushing about and not enough playing in this house! :D thanks for reminding us to pencil in some good ol' play time!!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

What a great day!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

You see..this is why I want to be home with Jonathan...no more part time job and photography...home with Jonathan all day and then photography. But we have NO money and I mean none right now. I don't know how to. :-( but I am very glad I still get these days from time to time and these moments and I'm glad you did too!

Elissa said...

i will not elaborate as to what immense degree i believe this, but you are an AWESOME mom.