Thursday, January 27, 2011

Winter in Pittsburgh

For those of you who don't live in Pittsburgh, or anywhere near it, let me tell you something.
IT IS COLD!  Oh, and it is snowing... again.  This past weekend, when I was standing outside pumping gas, I thought the liquid in my eyeballs was going to freeze.  My sincere admiration goes out to the (crazy) true fans who sat in the -4 degree windchill temperatures to watch the Steelers win the game last weekend.  I am NOT that dedicated.

Here is what the view from my kitchen table has looked like... oh, since about December 1st?!

I don't love it, to put it mildly.  Which I guess is why this poem I got in an email amuses me.






WINTER POEM
It's winter  in Pennsylvania 
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At  five  below.
Oh, how I love Pennsylvania
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a  breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.
Yes,
The weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Pennsylvania
Cuz I'm frozen to the ground! 

Hope you are warm, wherever you are!

7 comments:

Brooke said...

LOL - that poem is hysterical! Gotta love winter. You guys have gotten in way worse than us this year... and um, last year too, I think! :D

Ginny Marie said...

We could definitely switch "Pennsylvania" to "Chicago" -- we're not warm, either!

Elissa said...

ha no luck in upstate NY either. i'm sick of it. some sun would be nice, even. tell me again why we live here?

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Please, please, please get a wee bit warmer before February 16. I have a vision of my water-polo playing, SoCal boy exiting the airport, saying, "Hell to the no!" and getting right back on a plane.

The Girls' Mommy said...

I remember walking through Squirrel Hill one day, and from the car to the store Ron and I were in actual PAIN it was so cold. I think of that memory whenever Marylanders complain about 30* and three inches of snow.

blue china studio happy said...

Ok, now I get why you never believe my "boy, it sure is cold here in California" comments.

Stay warm!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

That poem isn't true for out part of PA...not the snow up to our butt, but the part about the cold is true!