Friday, April 1, 2011

Fools Thoughts Are Scattered

*Sometimes you wonder how much a four year old is listening, and how much of an adults conversation they are actually "getting".  But, I figured it out, one day this week, when he said,  "Mommy's job is more ridiculous than Daddy's job!"

*I was putting cream on his legs, which have a lot of eczema on them right now.  I told him, "I really wish we could make this rash disappear!"  He answered, "Well, we could get a magician.  Are there any magicians around here we can call?"

*(The weather has been in the 30's in Pittsburgh this week).  Dylan and I were sitting at the kitchen table, looking out at the back yard.  There was a whole bunch of birds that we watched fly around and around and around in circles.  They all seemed irritated and confused.  I had this thought... When birds fly south for the winter, do they always come back at the same time every year?  They must be really ticked off this time.  "We cut our Florida trip short, for THIS?!"

*I woke up to snow on the ground, and in the sky, this morning.  HaHaHa...Very funny, Mother Nature.
April Fools!

*When I was in high school, I had to take a typing class (on actual typewriters - imagine that!)  One of my best friends was in the class with me, and we sat with our desks facing each other.  The instructor would give us timed typing drills.  Almost every time he would yell "STOP!", you would hear "click, click, click, clickety click..".  "WHO WAS THAT?!", the poor man would scream, a vein in his head bulging.  My friend would sit there, innocently looking around the room as if to try and guess who it had been, and I would have to bite my tongue to keep from laughing at her.  Poor thing just could not type to save her life.  I loved that class, and actually enjoyed the timed drills.  So, when I found this link , I enjoyed reliving my youth.  Each time the drill ended, I imagined I heard, "click, click, clickety click".  I discovered I can type 50-60 words a minute, with pretty good accuracy.  Anyone want to hire me?

*If you ever wondered how fast (or slow) you read, you can also go here.
And, you were wondering what you were going to do this weekend?

7 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

I am usually SNOW! I love snow! But this year I am so completely over it that I'm trying to figure out where Mother Nature lives so I can kick her. Care to join me?

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

That was stressful-I did 49 wpm on my first outing. Our typing classes did us well--keyboarding skills are sadly lacking in many students today.

My kids are very lucky that our elementary school librarian taught keyboarding during media center time.

Brooke said...

Heee - I am totally trying the typing test :D I think I can type pretty fast - but haven't taken a tying test in years!

Brooke said...

I am obviously lacking in the accuracy department. Heck, I can't even spell anymore....

Anonymous said...

Go ahead and tell me how very sad I am for typing 65 words per minute and for being terribly excited about it.

Spring has been downright bi-polar around here as well, and while I love the moisture and the green it is giving to my yard, I am getting tired of waking up to snow on the ground.

Amber said...

I'm not telling you what I got on the typing test. You would laugh. And then go tell all of your friends. And they would laugh too. You see in my clackity clack typing class in high school my teacher warned us about looking at the keys. He said if we didn't learn to type blind we would suck forever. I looked, therefore I have sucked forever.

ps. you're funny. I've forgotten how much I enjoy your blog!

Elissa said...

ah. typing class. awesome.

oh, and dylan's love for redistributing the little bits to everywhere except where they are supposed to be? that is my entire house of children. Imagine three of them doing it with three kids worth of toys!!! it's why i rarely clean up ;-)

cold and some flakes again this morning after balmy yesterday and looking at the 10 day does not have me jumping for joy. seriously? yeesh. i might take you up on that moving together thing ;-)