Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Time Warp Tuesday : 1

My buddy, Jenn, over at Juggling Life had the idea to do a weekly feature of some of the displayed photos in her home.  She's a social kind of gal, so she asked us to join her.  Want to come to the party?  Hi!  I'm Jen.  I'm the one who always arrives late, looking out of breath, and disheveled.

For the first week, I figured why not start at the (almost) beginning?  Here's two shots that are proudly displayed in my family room (or the play room, depending on who you're asking)... (Can you guess who they are?




If you're stumped, or if it is your first time here, here's a hint...


Yep, it's me and Jim, (my gorgeous husband).  I usually smile with my mouth open, or at least with a big old mouth of teeth.  Jim does NOT.  Some things never change I guess.  By the way, if you look at the kid shots again, can't you just imagine me saying "Jim!  I have this great idea!", and Jim saying "Oh, no... what now, Jen?" (He's smiling in that adorable way that says he really loves my ideas).

I think it is a good idea to have pictures of you and your spouse as children displayed in your home.  It helps you to remember how you felt at that age when someone said "You did such a great job!", or when they said "You are in SO much trouble" (of course no one EVER said that to Jim!).  It's good to remember that you were once that small.


9 comments:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cookin' Mama said...

SO SO cute!! I love how you both still have the same smile type, and glint in your eyes. We do have pictures up of us as kids, glad to know we're not the only ones.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I knew immediately it had to be you and your dh, and I really like your reasoning for displaying the pictures.

This: I'm the one who always arrives late, looking out of breath, and disheveled. is me.
Nice to meet you! :)

smalltownme said...

Oh you were such cute little kids!

I'm playing along too. Found some pictures as I was cleaning my closet...

http://smalltownmom.blogspot.com/2012/10/time-warp-tuesdays-nyc-2007.html

Susan said...

My us as kids photos are coming up, too. I agree, it is fun to see as a reminder.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

all those pics = absolutely and utterly adorable and I am SO glad to meet ya'lls and SERIOUSLY, although we are all newly introduced, when me and the wife travel to Pittsb. next summer we shall definately HAVE TO SEE YOU ...plus, of course, the Pirates and that brew pub in the church.....and other stuff :)

Elissa said...

SO fun to see these pics of you guys! What a riot... you both look exactly like.... YOU!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

This was wonderful! Exactly what I envisioned when I started this. Just love it.

What me, social?!

Brooke said...

Awww..... so cute :D I love that idea of displaying your own kid photos in your home. I'm sure my kids would get a kick out of it ;D So... who does Dylan look like? I'm thinking more you.