Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Easter!

Well, here it is almost Easter, and the weather is still in the low 40's. Why the heck is Easter in March this year, anyway? Who decides this, and where can I reach them, because I'd like to give them a piece of my mind. What about the Easter egg hunts outside? Darling little children in their spring dresses and crisp button shirts, will be darling children in sweaters, winter coats and hats, getting hot chocolate after they freeze their little butts off looking for Easter eggs hidden in the SNOW! Yes, it is supposed to snow tonight. Grrrrr.

On Monday Dylan has a playdate scheduled with his new girlfriend. As of today, he has a runny nose, consistently leaking left eye, and a big pimple on his chin. Isn't that just the way? Sounds like my dating years.

Oh well, have a great Easter everyone!

6 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

Don't forget that it was warmer on Christmas than it will be for Easter. I'm pretty sure St. Nick is dressed for this kind of weather, but the Easter bunny is going to be colder than a whore in church. Or something like that.

Happy Easter weekend!

Pam said...

Happy Easter!

Sorry about Dylan's cold....hope he feels better soon!

I'm with you on the early Easter thing....I was pissed to wake up to snow on the egg hunt day! Snowmen don't need no stinkin' eggs!

JCK said...

Hey Jen! Hope you had a great Easter despite the cold weather.

You cracked me up over Dylan's date readiness!

Oh, and I can't find an email for you on your site and can't reply to your comment on my blog...So, not that this is VITALLY important, but, BOY calls GIRL his Girly Girl as that is my husband's name for our girl. BOY's just taken it as his own personal nickname for GIRL. (I know that this question has been bothering you for countless days! LMAO)

Janet said...

The whole Easter changing thing has always annoyed me. It has something to do with the first Sunday after the full moon after the vernal equinox. So basically whenever the full moon is after the first day of spring, then that Sunday is Easter. This year wasn't as bad as last year. Last year we had the Easter egg hunt in a deep freeze and snow on April 7 or 8 (day before Easter). Many things were blooming by then, and it killed them all - azaleas, my bleeding hearts, hydrangeas, tulips. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

I feel like we are in some kind of weird world where we are teased with warm days and then smacked back with biting cold air and laughed at by some evil, witchy woman in a black hat pointing at us and laughing in a horrible, horrible cackling way!

Oh Spring, how I doth miss you!

Shellie said...

They start earlier all the time with the puppy love and the zits. Hunt for the eggs inside!